Tuesday 3 June 2014

22:28 - 10 comments

Waiting on Wednesday: The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings

"Waiting on Wednesday” is weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that highlights books that people can't wait to get their hands on. Here is my pick for this week!

This week, the book that I am counting down the days for is The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings


The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)

An action-packed, blood-soaked, futuristic debut thriller set in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birthrate. For fans of Moira Young’s Dust Lands series, La Femme Nikita, and the movie Hanna.

Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, to kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in Florida. The state is controlled by The Murder Complex, an organization that tracks the population with precision.

The plot starts to thicken when Meadow meets Zephyr James, who is—although he doesn’t know it—one of the MC’s programmed assassins. Is their meeting a coincidence? Destiny? Or part of a terrifying strategy? And will Zephyr keep Meadow from discovering the haunting truth about her family?

Action-packed, blood-soaked, and chilling, this is a dark and compelling debut novel by Lindsay Cummings.

Expected Publication: June 10th, 2014 from Greenwillow Books

I've been reading some really great reviews for this book so I'm pretty excited to see how it is!  What an amazing title though, right?! I can't get enough of thrillers, assassins, and action/adventure, so this seems like the type of summer read that would be just for me. ;)

Is anyone else excited for The Murder Complex? Which book are you waiting for this week?

Stay nerdy,
Julia

10 comments:

This is my WoW this week as well :D I'm so excited!

I have heard many great things about this book, too!
My WoW: http://takeawalkonthewriteside.blogspot.it/2014/06/waiting-on-wednesday-04062014.html

I NEED to read this! Looks soooo good. Great pick :)

Mily
My WoW

I have an ARC of this book which I keep on forgetting to read, but now that I'm reading the summary, I got curious again. Definitely checking it out now. Lindsay is so awesome too! Great pick.

Check out my WoW picks this week!

This is our pick too. Love the premise.
www.theyaclub.com

It sounds intense! (and slightly sexy?) but i cant wait too check it out :) Great pick!

Nemo @ Blame it on the book

This book looks amazing! :D Great pick! I am super excited to read it too!

Check out my WoW?

This looks cool... It sounds so original!

Post a Comment