Tuesday 28 January 2014

22:04 - 10 comments

Waiting on Wednesday: The Story of Owen by E. K. Johnston

"Waiting on Wednesday” is weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that highlights books that people can't wait to get their hands on. Here is my pick for this week!

This week, the book that I am counting down the days for is The Story of Owen by E. K Johnston


The Story of Owen

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Listen! For I sing of Owen Thorskard: valiant of heart, hopeless at algebra, last in a long line of legendary dragon slayers. Though he had few years and was not built for football, he stood between the town of Trondheim and creatures that threatened its survival. There have always been dragons. As far back as history is told, men and women have fought them, loyally defending their villages. Dragon slaying was a proud tradition. But dragons and humans have one thing in common: an insatiable appetite for fossil fuels. From the moment Henry Ford hired his first dragon slayer, no small town was safe. Dragon slayers flocked to cities, leaving more remote areas unprotected. Such was Trondheim's fate until Owen Thorskard arrived. At sixteen, with dragons advancing and his grades plummeting, Owen faced impossible odds armed only with a sword, his legacy, and the classmate who agreed to be his bard. Listen! I am Siobhan McQuaid. I alone know the story of Owen, the story that changes everything. Listen!

Expected Publication: March 1st, 2014 from Carolrhoda Books

Is anyone else excited for The Story of Owen?

Subscribe or check back on Saturday for Stacking the Shelves!

Stay nerdy,
Julia

10 comments:

This one is also new to me. Hope you can stop by mine.

I haven't heard of this one, sounds intriguing!
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

I really want to love dragon stories, but I haven't found the perfect one for me yet. I'm game! Adding to TBR list. ~Megan
http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Pb

Not sure about dragon-slaying stories, but I'm open to it. I'm going to subscribe to your site, so when you review I can see what you think. Why don't you follow me back so we can keep up?
Peace out. ;)
My WoW.

I'm not a big fan of this type of fantasy, but I love the Goodreads synopsis. It pulled me in right away.


شركة صيانة منزلية بالمدينة المنورة
لا يوجد أي منزل أو عقار لا يتطلب خدمات صيانة كاملة وشاملة من حيث السباك أو الكهربائي أو الدهان والنجار والفني الكهربائي ومعلم البومية وغيرهم من الفنيين الرائدين، ولا أحد يقوم بتلك المهام بمفرده بل يجب على كل شخص لديه منزل أو بيت أو عقار جديد الاستعانة بإحدى الشركات الموجودة في المدينة ولا يوجد أفضل من شركة صيانة منزلية بالمدينة المنورة.
شركة نقلعفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة عزل اسطح بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تمديد غاز مركزي بجدة

Post a Comment