Tuesday 5 November 2013

18:05 - 1 comment

"Top Ten Tuesdays: Sequels I can't wait to get my hands on!"

This is my first attempt at the weekly event “Top Ten Tuesdays” hosted by The Broke at the Bookish. This week, the topic is sequels that I can’t wait to get my hands on. So without further ado, here is my list for this week!


I am a huge Cassandra Clare fan, so its pretty obvious that this would be my number one pick.

Expected Publication: May, 2014 from Margaret K. McElderry 

2.  Firefight (Reckoners #2) by Brandon Sanderson

I really, really, really enjoyed Steelheart.  I can't wait to read more!

Expected Publication: Fall, 2014 from Delacorte

3. Untitled (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas

If you have read the previous two books (Throne of Glass; Crown of Midnight) this choice won't need explaining.  If not, READ THEM!

Expected Publication: Fall, 2014 from Bloomsbury USA Childrens

4. Guardian (Proxy #2) by Alex London

Guardian (Proxy, #2)

Holy cliffhanger! After what Alex London wrote for the ending of Proxy, I want to read this ASAP!

Expected Publication: May 29th, 2014 from Philomel

5. Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy #3) by Sarah Rees Brennan

I just love the mixture of humor and adventure in this series. I'm both excited and sad to see it end.

Expected Publication: Fall, 2014 from Random House 

6.  Untitled (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

I was a little let down by The Dream Thieves, however, I loved The Raven Boys so much that I'm still really excited to read this novel.

Expected Publication: Fall, 2014 from Scholastic Press

7.  Hollow City (Miss Peregrine #2) by Ransom Riggs

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2)

I found the first book (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children) so captivating and original.  Not to mention that Ransom Rigg's writing is poetic and imaginative...matching the story perfectly!

Expected Publication: January 14th, 2014 from Quirk Books

8.  Ruin and Rising (Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo

Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)

I was so taken by Leigh Bardugo's captivating setting and characters *cough* Darkling *cough*.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Expected Publication: June 3rd, 2014 from Henry Holt and Co.

9.  Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3) by Susan Dennard

Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)

I love how this series travels from place to place in the Victorian era.  First London, then Paris, and now Egypt! There isn't much YA out there set in that time period around places other than London.  So I'm looking forward to trying something new...and revisiting these amazing character again!

Expected Publication:  July 22nd, 2014 from HarperTeen

10. The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)

I read the first two books much too quickly and I'm now stuck having to count down the days until the third comes out.  I hate it when that happens.  Nevertheless, it is number ten on my list today.

Expected Publication: June 10th, 2014 from Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers

That was fun!  Which books are you waiting for?  I'll be back tomorrow with "Waiting on Wednesday". 

Off to finish my latest read, The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa!
Julia  



1 comments:

I never read the last two Mortal Instruments books.
My TTT: http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/2013/11/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

Post a Comment