Tuesday 19 November 2013

09:55 - 2 comments

Top Ten Tuesdays: What I Would Recommend to a Teen Who Claims They Don't like to Read

This week on "Top Ten Tuesdays" (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) the topic is books that I would recommend to X person. So in other words, I got to choose who I wanted to gear this list towards, so I decided to focus on teens who claim they don’t like to read.  If you're like that, then I would recommend these picks to you.  

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
For me this is an obvious choice because, believe it or not, I was going through a stage where I didn't want to read. It wasn't that I didn't like it, its just that I was missing the right book. This one was recommended highly to me and I am so glad it ever was! This is one of two series that I owe my love of reading too, the second one being…

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
This series is one that introduced me to the world of YA lit. I honestly do not think I would be reading if it wasn't for the time I was scoring a bookstore shelf and spotted that lovely cover with the guy in the top hat. In fact, I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for these books. Whether you read or otherwise, I tell you…READ THESE BOOKS!! ;)

Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
For those who would rather see the movie than read the book, this one is for you! Its very similar to a really good action/adventure/sci-fi blockbuster film. I swear its ready for production. Not to mention that it was near impossible to put down and had the greatest plot twist that I have ever read!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
I put this one on the list because of its size and realistic setting. For people who don’t like to read, I could see this book being worth a try. Plus it is very popular and there’s a movie based on it, meaning that there is plenty to do and talk about after.

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
I would recommend this one due to the fact that it was pretty straight forward and wasn’t too complicated. For those who don’t want to be left trying to decipher and follow a difficult storyline, then I would say to give this one a try.

The Fault in Our Stars
I don’t know about you, but I have never met anyone who doesn’t love John Green’s books, especially this one. It was so quirky and fun, while still being serious, tragic and utterly real at the same time. I would recommend this book to everyone, reader or not. Plus the movie is going to be released next summer, so one has that to look forward too!

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
I found this book to be a very lighthearted, so if you don't want to something to serious you should look into reading this one. Plus its set in Paris so one could go wrong with that!

Dark Inside (Dark Inside, #1)Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)
I probably wouldn’t have picked up this series if it wasn’t for the fact that I was going to take a writing seminar that the author was going instruct. I am so happy I did! The writing is so fluid and poetically creepy at some moments that if you don’t like reading because you find the actually writing uninteresting, then I would recommend this to you!

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
I have actually recommended this book to someone who hated reading before and the next time I saw said person, she ended up charging towards me to give me a big hug. So if its worked in the past, why not try it again? ;)

I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)
For those who love crime drama shows on TV like Criminal Minds or CSI, then I would recommend this to you.

And there is my list for this week!  Which books would you recommend to someone?  

Come back tomorrow for this weeks edition of "Waiting on Wednesday"!

Stay nerdy,
Julia














 .

2 comments:

I think I might have to try Shiver at some point. I've heard some good things about it!

Post a Comment